Do you have a smartphone? What are your favorite apps? Although I love technology, I must admit that I am just getting on the smartphone bandwagon and have only began to tinker around with apps. But one thing I have noticed that it is a whole variety of apps out there. From the ever popular Angry Birds to WordPress for Android, apps are available for a myriad of purposes, platforms and from multiple sources. Whether you want to stay connected, to be entertained, or to be more productive, there is an app for that.
In the same way, whatever Scripture we read, even those less quoted ones, there is application for that truth in our life. It’s not enough for us to just read God’s Word but we must apply His word to our every day living.
Are you just downloading(reading) apps(God’s Word) but failing to put them to use?
Why Downloading is Easier than Application
1. We like a quick fix. It’s much easier to just check Bible reading off our daily to do list. But it’s harder to take extended time meditating on the Biblical truth, which we read .
2. Distractions abound. Into today’s connected society there is always another post, status update, text message to read or activity to be involved.
3. Application requires action. Often it requires action that is opposite of the way we have always done things. And to really apply the Word means we have to change.
Although just reading God’s Word is easier, it’s only when we apply God’s Word that we become spiritual mature and more productive.
- Top Ten Android Apps for Spiritual Growth (donotdepart.com)
- Five Apps that Every Android User Should Own (mycricket.com)
[simple_series title=”A-Z Challenge 2012″]