In Saturday’s post I shared how I was reflecting on Isaiah 30:15, particularly the part about in quietness and confidence is my strength. Today, I wanted to share some questions and insights I received while continuing to meditate.
What is it that one needs to have confidence in?
- That God exists
- That God is who He says He is
- That He can do what He says He can
- That not only can He do it but He’s willing ( this is important because a person may have the ability to do a thing but has no desire or willingness to do so)
- That God is concerned about you (yep, the same God that holds the universe together is interested in you)
- That He is able to hold things together even when it appears that things are falling apart
When do I need to exhibit quietness?
- When tempted to continue to argue your point, choose quietness instead.
- When you would worry and be stressed out, quiet your mind instead.
- When you be tempted to run and hide, quiet your steps and be still instead.
- When it would be easy to complain, quiet the dis-ease with thanksgiving and praise.