Some days I at sit at my desk looking at a blank computer screen willing my fingers to come up with something grand to say. But instead of a river of words flowing there is only the silence of the opened white canvas before me.
That’s just the place I find myself today. Rather than let the white canvas frustrate me, I decided it was the perfect opportunity to acknowledge a recent Liebster award from Alison at Embrace the Struggle. Although I am always honored when someone thinks enough of me to pass along some recognition, I am typically pretty horrible on following up of such activities.
Along with the award comes a few questions for me to answer. So here’s your chance to get to know a little bit about me.
- What’s your guilty pleasure? C H O C O L A T E ….need I say more.
- You’re forced to choose between buying shoes and buying makeup. Which one wins? Since, I don’t really wear much make up, I would have to go with shoes. I find that my closet has way too many of them.
- Which skill, or set of skill, do you still want to master? Public speaking always makes me sooooo nervous.
- Which movie recently made you weep? Hmmmm, I honestly can’t remember but I do tend to be a softy so, if someone else is crying, you can count on me to join in.
- What tidbit about you would surprise most of your blog readers? Let’s see they may be surprised to know that shy introverted me was once in the pep squad.
- If I took away books and music from you, which would cause you to have withdrawal symptoms? Books definitely. I tend listen to music in the car mostly but I carry books with me any where.
- What is a deal-breaker for you in friendships? I place a high value on trust and once someone proves they are not trustworthy, you will have a hard time getting me to trust you again.
- Planes, trains, and automobiles. Which is your preferred mode of transportation? Why? Car simply because I like being the one in charge.
- Who was your favorite musician when you were a teenager? I’m sure there were many but I remember having an intense love affair with Michael Jackson back in the day. My sister even tells me I had a sparkly glove.
- Which subject did you hate the most in school? I’m totally a nerd so I kind of liked school but my least favorite subject would be math. I get words way better than numbers.
- What fashion trend did you try out and live to regret? I would never win any fashion awards. I tend to go with what’s comfortable than what is on trend.
Now typically I like to follow the rules but I’m switching things up on this one. Rather than tagging 11 other bloggers, I’ll just say all my blog readers are award worthy.
Now here’s how you can participate, pick one or two of Alison’s questions and share your answer in the comments. I love to get to know more about you.