As a part of Exemplify Online Singles Channel, Christy has asked Sassy Single Bloggers to share what God has taught them so far this year. Whether you’re single or married, you are likely to find something of interest at Exemplify Online. There are a number of things He’s been revealing during the year but a few key things jump out at me. Here they are:
- At the beginning of the year He impressed upon my heart that it would be year of unveiling for me. I’ve spent several years in a sort of spiritual slumber and going through the motions of life. Only to find when I awaken, I had no clear understanding of how I got there. Constantly questioning within myself-what happened?
- He’s been gradually revealing strategies the enemy has used to stifle my mobility.
- He’s teaching me that it’s ok to try again. Some places are worth revisiting because the experience doesn’t have to be the same. See my post Revisiting the Tomb for more.
- That He desires to use me in service to Him
- Teaching me to rest more in Him
- Better days do come eventually
- That I am enough
- I’ve never been forsaken-without support, protection, or adequate help. See my posts entitled Never Forsaken and Never Forsaken Part 2 for more on this.
- Importance of recognizing and celebrating the small victories. Most of the time our healing or overcoming doesn’t come immediately but over time. See Celebration Time Come On
- Importance of capturing the God-thoughts. So many ideas, wisdoms, lessons are forgotten and never utilized because we don’t write them down.
- Expand my horizons-try new things, talk with new people, go to new places and blogging just happens to be one the new things I’ve been doing this year, which has given me the opportunity to meet each of you.
- Despite how long a particular place in your life has been dry or void, does not mean it will always be that way. There’s a distinct difference between barren and bare and it takes a trained eye to know the difference. See Bare but Not Barren for more on this.
I think that’s enough for now. Are there any particular lessons that you’ve been gleaning from the Master Teacher this year?