It is that time of year again. Tonight is the night to spring those clocks forward. As I reflected on it’s time to advance the clocks, I began to think about what other areas of my life do I need to spring forward. Cause truth be told, as life goes along there are places I tend to get stuck.
1. I tend to get stuck in a particular way of thinking or attitude.
In all honesty there are times I just think way too much. I mull something over and over in mind coming up with all the wrong conclusions. Other times we can get stuck in the I can’t way of thinking. Nothing hinders progress worse than starting out with the wrong mindset. There are tons of attitudes that we often clutch onto that hinders us such as: unforgiveness, bitterness, jealousy, despair, anger, sorrow
2. I tend to get stuck in a particular routine.
Yep I can be a sucker for routine at times. I like to know what to expect. But the routines of life can leave us feeling in a rut. Even in our spiritual life when can get in a rut. Doing all the same religious activities, singing the same hymns, reading the same words and making the same confessions yet getting no where
But the good news is I do not have to stay stuck there. I can choose to think differently. I can dust myself off and change my routine up. The first key to getting out of rut is to realize you have fallen into one.
- Acknowledge that you have fallen into a rut
- Focus on changing your thought patterns with scripture based phrases.
- Speak declarations out verbally when you find yourself repeating negative thoughts
- Get away to a different scenery when possible
- If you are used to praying verbally try writing your prayers instead
- Change the time of day of your quiet time
- Reconnect with your inner self and God by seeking solitude when possible
- Pick a different translation of the Bible to do your reading from for awhile
Are there some attitudes or routines that you need to spring forward out of or into? What ways have you successfully navigated out of a rut?