What comes to mind when you hear the word stress? Is it juggling family and career? Or perhaps the demands of ministry endeavors are weighing you down. Whatever your personal situation, stress is something we all can personally identify with. At the time the opportunity to review Stress Free Life: Seven Keys to Extraordinary Life by Bishop Bonnie Etta presented itself, I wasn’t feeling much stress but who couldn’t use some extra tools for handling stress effectively.
- Healed Through Love -discusses how our life flows from our love of God and some of the hindrances to walking in love like mistrust, human failings, rejection and abuse
- The Beauty of Forgiveness – looks at how choosing to release hurts and offences brings liberation from stress
- The Power of Truth – points out the importance of being willing to face the truth and living authentically
- The Peace of Unity– calls readers to unity not just with others but within themselves
- The Grace of Appreciation-reminds us of the value of gratitude
- Intimacy Through Communication-communicates the value of relationships with others
- The Creative Force of Faith–illustrates how faith is the necessary building block for our lives.
It was an interesting read and there were several statements that stood out enough for me to write them down. Here are few:
Poverty is born out of unbiblical way of life practices. Poverty is not a blessing from God; it does not have the nature and image of God. It is caused by foolishness, ungodliness, wicked political systems and caused by the enemy of human life; the devil.
About the Author: