Now that the holidays are over, our minds tend to focus on resolving to find ways to be our best selves. Resolutions might include fitness goals, personal development, spiritual growth, or getting a better handle on our finances. The beginning of the year provides the perfect opportunity to reset our focus and examine ways to cut out the fluff in our lives. And when it comes to shopping, I am all for cutting costs when and where I can. How about you?
Are you an Amazon shopper like I am? During the holidays, I had several of those smiling little brown boxes grace my doorsteps, and if truth be told, I am still ushering a few of them out the door to the recycle bin. But let’s talk about the secret way to save on products I discovered a little while back. You know how book publishers have book review programs, right? I even shared about it in 10 Book Review Programs for Blogger Newbies and 7 Book Review Programs for Blogger Newbies, Part 2. There are also FREE programs that offer discounted products from companies in exchange for reviews on Amazon. Perhaps you have already heard of these but just in case, I dare not leave you in the dark.
Three Amazon Product Review Sites
I have personally signed up for these sites.
1. Amazing Deals Group: a free membership site that offers free or low-cost products from Amazon merchants. Members write honest and unbiased reviews on Amazon.
2. SnagShouts: (*this link is an affiliate link, which just lets them know that I was the friend that pass along the good news to you) connects shoppers and brands by offering consumers deals on new products. After snagging a deal, consumers are asked to shout about it by sharing their thoughts in a review on Amazon. This program has several categories of products which range in price. It’s free to sign-up.
3. I Love to Review: after a simple sign up process, you receive email notifications when products become available. You can decide at that time if you are interested in reviewing the product; however, you must act fast because the codes tend to go fast.
These are just a few of the review sites available; I like to take a look and see what they have available before I head off to order something from Amazon. In doing so, I have saved significantly on things like essential oil diffuser, baking mats, vitamins, cookie cutters, and even a mattress pad.
KEY THINGS TO KNOW
- Each program has it own rules; therefore, be sure to read them before signing up
- You choose which products you are interested in purchasing and reviewing
- While some products may be free after using your discount coupon or code, you still have to pay for shipping unless you are an Amazon Prime member
- Not every product is free, but it cost less than the original Amazon price
- Some programs have more variety of products than others
- You must have an Amazon account
I think it’s only fair that I warn you, you may be tempted to try out things you never considered before due to ridiculously low price deals you find on items. But do your best to resist. As you know, we are working on doing and being better. Are we not?
What ways have you discovered to save when shopping online?