Since the beginning of the year three words have been imprinted upon my mind—speak, create, and order. You see those were the things that God was found doing in the beginning of time. He was busy creating cosmos out of chaos. And since I have been created in His image, I am trying to focus this year on using my creative abilities.
Like everyone else I was granted a blank slate with the commencement of a new year. But I haven’t made the progress I had hope. Which led me to study up on some of the hindrances to our creative pursuits:
- Comparisons: As long as we are using the ruler of someone else’s achievement as our measuring stick, we come up short.
- Procrastination: The incessant putting off leaves us with nothing to show for our time other than wasted moments.
- Busyness/Lack of Alone Time: Not everyone gets their creative juices flowing in the same way. But staying continuously connected to the sea of other people’s ideas can drown out our own.
- Unforgiveness: Failure to forgive leaves us chained in our thoughts to a particular event, which narrows our focus.
What other creativity snatchers have you discovered in your life?
- There’s An App For That
- The Value of Brokenness
- 4 Creativity Snatchers
- Embracing the Eternal
- FaithGirlz! Bible (NIV)
- Saturday’s Selah: Grace
- H is for How
- Inspiring Ideas
- Kindle Finds
- Neglecting the Necessary
- Occupy Till
- Endless Possibilities
- Quitting is An Option
- Tony Evans’ Kingdom Man
- Blogging With Windows Live Writer
- Zabdi: A Call to Service